What I Liked:
- The flash sideways are finally coming together
- Finally! Jin and Sun are reunited!
- Desmond appealing to Sayid and possibly converting him back from the Dark Side…at least momentarily
- Jack’s jumping off Sawyer’s boat after he’s given a “You’re on Team Sawyer or you’re off”
- LA X Sun freaking out when she saw Locke
- Sawyer calling Lapidus “that pilot who looks like he stepped off the set of a Burt Reynolds movie” and “Chesty”
- notLocke revealing he was the one on the island walking around as Christian Shepard
- Kate’s speech to convince Crazy Claire not to shoot her and to leave the island with them.
What I Didn’t Like:
- LA X Sawyer’s conversation with Kate about continuing to run into one another was a little too on the nose
- Lapidus ruining Sun and Jin’s emotional reunion with the worst line ever: “Looks like someone got their voice back.”
- While I thought Evangeline Lilly did an amazing job in her plea to Claire, I still wanted her to shoot
- While Sawyer and Kate have witnessed Claire’s crazy, I find it hard to believe that Hurley and, especially, Jack would abandon Claire because Sawyer said so
Lines of the Night:
- “Why John Locke?”
“Because he was stupid enough to believe that he’d been brought here for a reason, because he pursued that belief until it got him killed, and because you were kind enough to bring his body back here in a nice wooden box.” – Jack and notLocke
- “The third day we were here I saw…I chased my father through the jungle. My dead father. Was that you?”
“Yes, that was me.”
“You needed to find water. This may be hard for you to believe, Jack, but all I’ve ever been interested in is helping you.”
“Help me? To do what?”
“Leave. But because Jacob chose you, you were trapped here before you even got here. Now Jacob is dead. We don’t have to be trapped anymore. We can get on an airplane and fly away any time we want to.” – Jack and notLocke
- “John Locke was the only one of us that ever believed in this place. He did everything he could to keep us from leaving this island.”
“John Locke was not a believer, Jack, he was a sucker!” – Jack and notLocke
- “No…No! It’s him! It’s him!” – LA X Sun upon seeing Locke at the hospital
- “I never had much in the way of family, so it really means a lot that you’re coming with us.”
“Actually, I haven’t decided if I’m coming with you.”
“Yeah you have. You decided the moment you let him talk to you, just like the rest of us. Whether you like it or not, you’re with him now.” – Claire and Jack
- “What about Sayid?”
“Sayid ain’t invited, he’s gone over to the dark side.”
“Yeah, but you can always bring people over from the dark side. I mean, Anakin.”
“Who the hell is Anakin?” – Hurley and Sawyer
- “Well, don’t you think it’s weird? You and me on the same flight, having that little meet up in the elevator? Then a week later, boom! Out of all the cars in Los Angeles you smash into mine. It’s almost like someone is trying to get us together.” – LA X Sawyer to Kate
- “First chance you get, double back. Hoof it to this spot. There’s an old dock. Grab Hugo, Sun, and Lapidus. Kate and I will meet you there.”
“What about Sayid and Claire?”
“Sayid’s a zombie and Claire’s nuts. She gave up her ticket when she tried to kill Kate and I ain’t going to let that happen again. That’s Hugo, Sun, and the pilot, only them.” – Sawyer and Jack
- “So what will you tell her?”
“What do you mean?”
“This woman, when she asks what you did to be with her again, what will you tell her?” – Desmond and Sayid
- “Wait, you didn’t say Claire.”
“She ain’t coming. The Claire you came back for is gone.”
“I promised I would bring her back.”
“That was before she started drinking Locke’s Kool-Aid. She’s dangerous. You really want her around Aaron? Let’s go. We ain’t got much time.” – Kate and Sawyer
- “I’m promising you! I was there when he was born and I never should have raised him. It should have been you. I came back to get you so that you could be with him again. It’s the only reason I came back to the island, Claire. Please, come with us. Go home.” – Kate to Claire
- “I know I was a little late to the party, Captain, but you mind filling us in on what your game plan is?”
“The plan, Chesty, is to land on Hydra Island, get ourselves nice and cuddly with Widmore until we get a chance to jump on that sub. Then I’m going to put a gun in someone’s face and make him take us home.” – Lapidus and Sawyer
- “We were brought here because we’re supposed to do something. And if Locke, that thing, wants us to leave, maybe he’s afraid of what happens if we stay.”
“Get off my damn boat.”
“You’ve got a decision to make and you make it now. Either you’re here with us and you keep that damn crazy talk to yourself, or you’re going in the water.”
“James, this is a mistake and I know there’s a part of you that feels that. This island isn’t done with us yet.”
“Yeah, well I’m done with this island. You want to take a leap of faith, Jack, then take it. Get off my damn boat.”
“I’m sorry that I got Juliet killed.” – Jack and Sawyer
- “I never stopped looking for you.”
“We’ll never be apart again. I promise you.” – Sun and Jin
- “Don’t worry, it’s going to be okay. You’re with me now.” – notLocke to Jack
- How messed up is ABC for implying that Sayid shot Desmond in their preview for this episode?
- Did Sayid shoot Desmond? If not, did he leave him down there?
- Is it still possible for Sayid and Claire to be turned back from the dark side?
- Who is David’s, Jack’s son, mother?
- Did Desmond know what he was doing when he brought Claire to Ilana?
- Why did Widmore renege on his deal with Sawyer?
- How did Team Widmore miss notLocke that badly is that had a clear shot and he didn’t move? I know it wouldn’t have killed him but they missed him by a good 7 feet
- Why did LA X Sun freak out when she saw Locke at the hospital?