What I Liked:
- Well….damn! I knew Sayid was bound to die (again) and, after his conversation with Desmond, he would have one last heroic act before he did so good for him but…
- JIN AND SUN!?!? C’mon! So soon after they got back together? That was just cruel. I know the stakes needed to be raised but…why couldn’t it have been Kate?
- No more questions or doubts what notLocke’s intentions are. You could almost see the excitement on his face as they got on the sub.
- In LA X, Terry O’ Quinn and Matthew Fox had some great Emmy clip worthy performances
- R.I.P. Lapidus who died as he lived, frustrated.
- The entire episode was pretty action-packed and tense which is great considering how many chatfest episodes we had this season
What I Didn’t Like:
- It bugged me to no end that in Sun’s pleas to get Jin to leave her behind in the sinking submarine she never once invoked Ji Yeon as a reason for him to live. It would have been nice to at least see him struggle with that decision
- It’s highly improbable that a) Hurley made it through a hole in the submarine with water entering carrying an injured Kate, b) Jack would be able to swim an unconscious Sawyer to safety AND operate the breathing apparatus for him and c) they ended up at the same beach.
- I guess we’ll never find out which Kwon was a candidate
- In the minority column, we’re down to Miles, Hurley and Richard (depending on your opinion on Spaniards)
Lines of the Night:
- “Why should I trust you?”
“Because I could kill you, Jack, right here, right now. And I could kill every single one of your friends and there’s not a thing that you could do to stop me. But instead of killing you, I saved your life and now I want to save them too. So will you help me?” – Jack and notLocke
- “He wouldn’t have killed me, James.”
“That cave I told you about, where all the names were written, your name was there too, but it was crossed out. He doesn’t need you, Kate.” – Kate and Sawyer
- “This is what he wanted. This is what he’s been waiting for. Everything that he has done has been to get us here. He wanted to get us all in the same place at the same time, a nice enclosed space where we had no hope of getting out of…Locke said that he can’t leave the island without us. I think he can’t leave the island unless we’re all dead. He told me that he could kill any one of us whenever he wanted. So what if he hasn’t because he’s not allowed to? What if he’s trying to get us to kill each other?” – Jack
- “Listen carefully. There’s a well on the main island a half mile south of the camp we just left. Desmond’s inside it. Locke wants him dead, which means that you’re going to need him. Do you understand me?”
“And why are you telling me this?”
“Because it’s going to be you, Jack.” – Sayid and Jack
- “I won’t leave you. I’ll never leave you again.” – Jin to Sun
- “You know, the first time you and I met, back at the airport, you told me that my father was gone. And, uh, it hurt to hear that, but I knew you were right. Your father’s gone too, Mr. Locke.”
“No, no he’s not.”
“Yes he is and you can punish yourself as much as you want, and that’s never going to bring him back. What happened, happened, and you can let it go.”
“What makes you think letting go is so easy?”
“It’s not. In fact, I don’t really know how to do it myself. And that’s why I was hoping that maybe you could go first.”
“Good-bye, Dr. Shephard.”
“I can help you, John. I wish you’d believed me.” – LA X Jack and Locke
- “It sunk.”
“What, the submarine? But, they were all on it. Everyone. They’re all dead?”
“Not all of them.”
“Where you going?”
“To finish what I started.” – notLocke and Claire
- How did notLocke know there was C4 on the plane (he grabbed the watch first then went on the plane showing he already knew what he was going to do)
- When did notLocke find time to construct a makeshift bomb with timer?
- Is Claire back on the side of good like Sayid ended up? She seemed to be genuinely concerned for the rest of her friends
- Where are Miles, Alpert and Ben? They had a huge headstart on Jack and company.
- Where are Rose and Bernard? I just want some sort of confirmation they are somewhere.
- What is/was Widmore’s game plan?
- What did Sayid mean when he told Jack, “Because it’s going to be you”?
- What is the meaning of the music box that Christian Shephard left for Claire?