“So how’s wedding planning going?”
Next to “So how did you two meet?”1 I find this question causes me the most stress about the wedding. It’s not like we haven’t made any progress:
- We’ve got a date and a venue for the ceremony and reception.
- We put together our guest list for the most part.
- We’ve asked most of our wedding party to be our wedding party.
- We came up with budgeting goals.
- We’ve made arrangements with a designer for our invites.
That feels like a fair amount of stuff so I don’t know why I feel like we haven’t done anything whenever I get asked about it.
I don’t think I’ll really start worrying until January. It’s easy to relax when you can say your wedding is “next year.” Once I have to start saying it’s “X months away,” it will start feeling like speedy freight train of costs and details.
1: We’re working on it.