- I’m not a fan of Captain America’s (Chris Evans) new suit. Thor’s (Chris Hemsworth) new suit isn’t much better.
- Apparently Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) only knows one move (the neck flip).
- I hope the movie makes Black Widow and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) seem useful
- Robert Downey, Jr. gets all the best lines. He seems like a great fit for a Joss Whedon movie.
- Best part of the trailer:
Captain America: “Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away, what are you?”
Iron Man: “Uh. Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.”
- Nine Inch Nails’ “We’re In This Together.” Interesting yet a little on the nose.
- It goes without saying, I can’t wait for this movie.
Of all the Marvel comic book movies, I thought Thor would be the most problematic. Instead of just dropping some fantastic circumstance into a world we’re familiar with, Thor had to explain the concept of Asgard and Norse gods. Also, it wasn’t really an origin story as Thor enters the story having already realizing his full-strength unlike Tony Stark or Peter Parker. That said, I thought they did a good job for the most part.