- When I have children, this is what their rubber duckies are going to look like. (Neatorama)
- Paranormal Activity 5 already has a release date. (Deadline Hollywood)
- Looks like someone is trying to kill Machete Kills. (Latino Review)
- Chevy Chase left Community with a few episodes left to film in season four. (The Nerdist)
- Are there already writers for Star Wars: Episode VIII and IX? (The Mary Sue)
- Chad Coleman (Cutty from The Wire) has been cast as Tyreese in The Walking Dead. (Vulture)
- A new trailer for Man of Steel will be attached to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Splash Page)
- Here are the contenders for the role of Harry Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. (Splash Page)
- Insidious 2 is coming next summer! (Screen Rant)
- Over two dozen animals may have been killed during the filming of The Hobbit (I Watch Stuff)
- The first teaser for season three of Game of Thrones.
- Here’s a prequel minisode and trailer for this year’s Doctor Who Christmas Special.
- I guess that 300 sequel is actually happening (Splash Page)
- The next Marvel event is going to be the Age of Ultron (Bleeding Cool)
- New trailers for Dark Skies, Jack the Giant Slayer and Snitch.
- The sequel to The Muppets starts filming in London in January and will feature more songs by Bret McKenzie (Bleeding Cool)
- Screen Junkies finally made an “honest trailer” for The Amazing Spider-Man (spoilers).
- The pilot for Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D TV series directed by Joss Whedon will start filming in January. (Bleeding Cool)
- Skyfall‘s director Sam Mendes and writer John Logan are making a vampire hunter TV series. (io9)
- The Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood & Chrome (featuring Will Adama as a pilot in the Cylon Wars) is finally going to air online starting today as webisodes (EW)
- Who’s directing Star Wars: Episode VII? Is it Matthew Vaughn (X-Men: First Class)? Is it Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed)? (Collider/Bleeding Cool)
- Whoever is directing, it appears Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) has already plotted out the next Star Wars trilogy and will likely be the writer of Episode VII. (Bleeding Cool)
- Harrison Ford is open to returning to the role of Han Solo in the new trilogy. (EW)
- Is Disney trying to buy Hasbro next? (MTV Geek)
- Because no one demanded it, 70s/80s fantasy comic Elfquest might finally be getting a movie. (io9)
- Stan Lee wants a bigger cameo in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I say give it to him as long as his character is named Jack Kirby. (Splash Page)
- Spartacus: War of the Damned premieres in January. (TV Squad)
- Neil Gaiman’s next Doctor Who episode will feature the Cybermen. (Bleeding Cool)
- Mark Wahlberg is going to star in the next Transformers movie by Michael Bay. (Latino Review)
- David Yates is going to direct Tarzan for Warner Bros. Yay for the resurrection of racist franchises! (Vulture)
- At least someone agrees with me that Preacher should be a TV series not a movie. (Splash Page)
- Shock surprise, Man of Steel is going to be in 3D. (Deadline Hollywood Daily)
- One of the best ongoing comic series, Locke & Key, might be getting a movie trilogy. (Splash Page)
- DC Comics decides to end it’s longest running series, Hellblazer, just so they can relaunch it. (MTV Geek)
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Brett Ratner are joining forces for Hercules. (Splash Page)
- New trailers for World War Z (starring Brad Pitt), The Last Stand (starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Les Misérables (Latino Review)
Even though I missed out on San Diego Comic-Con again, I still look forward to al the trailers that come out. Here were my favorites:
Dexter Season Six Trailer
I liked last season well enough but this trailer looks like Dexter is back to normal (not grieving or taking on a partner). Plus we might get to see Mos Def on Dexter’s table and I’ll pretend he’s being killed for the oft-promised and oft-delayed Black Star sophomore album
The Walking Dead Season Two
I wasn’t a huge fan of season one (I’d say two of the six episodes where good) but this trailer makes The Walking Dead look like the show I hoped and expected it to be.
The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra trailer
I watched Avatar The Last Airbender last year and was mad it took me so long to get on the bandwagon. The animation for the follow-up (taking place 70 years after the original) is amazing*.
Doctor Who Series 6b Trailer
After how the first half of season six ended, how could I not get excited by this? Why does River Song have the eyepatch on? WHY???
In Time trailer
Yes, this is a sci-fi movie starring Justin Timberlake but it was written and directed by Andrew Niccol (Gattaca, The Truman Show) and in Niccol I trust.
* This YouTube link will be dead by the time you click it but it’s out there.
** A special mention to The Avengers concept art posted above.
Steven Moffat created a two-part mini-episode for Britain’s Comic Relief charity telethon. It’s pretty funny.
You can make donations here