- More news about the upcoming “Daria- The Complete Series” DVD collection
- Beck and Feist are going to be on Jamie Lidell’s next album
- Daniel Dae Kim loves staying in Hawaii
- Neil Gaiman has written an episode of Doctor Who. Guess I’m watching an episode of Doctor Who.
- I want this canvas clock
- A great piece about the campaign that leads up to the Oscar nominations
- A YouTube video on the cliché Mirror Scare scenes in movies
- I want this camera but by the time I can afford it, a better camera will come out
- While going through their worst season since season five, it looks like the 24 movie is a go.
- Any time I think my tattoos are too geeky, something like this makes me feel better
- A Q&A with one of my favorite TV couples, Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman
- The AV Club interviews Stephin Merritt (The Magnetic Fields) on “the perverse art of love songs”
- February 23rd is IHOP National Pancake Day!
- Looks like Christopher Nolan will be overseeing the Superman reboot
- “Up2 You + Me” featuring Jim Parsons
- No, I don’t!
- Another great Muppets music video, Beaker’s Ballad
- Want to pull off a movie marathon with one ticket? This site can help (when it’s working).
- Even this article is about “10 Ways to a Geeky Girl’s Heart,” I think it applies to impressing any girl
- These minimalist TV posters are cool!
- Who wants to take me to Bonnaroo?
- Next season is going to be the last season of Friday Night Lights.
- A great piece in Vanity Fair on John Hughes (with some bonus quotes)
- John Mayer apologizes for his racist dick.
- The call for Betty White to host Saturday Night Live gets louder
- GQ’s The Verge endorses one of my favorite new shows, Archer
- New trailer for Toy Story 3. Looks great!
- A trailer for the Forgetting Sarah Marshall spin-off, Get Him To The Greek, starring Russell Brand and Jonah Hill
This was much harder than the “My 50 Favorite Television Shows of the 00s” list. When I started the television list, I singled out 70 shows or so and cut it down to 50. It took me three days to come up with a first draft of albums and I ended up with 185! I was going to just do a list of 100 but I like consistency so I whittled the list down to 50. The closer I got to 50, the sadder I got as I had to delete albums I loved off the list. After how depressing it ended up being bringing this list down to 50, a) I won’t even try to single out a top 10 (although I think “Kid A” would be my favorite album) and b) sorry, Karen, I won’t even attempt a 50 Favorite Singles list.
A couple of notes:
- Just a reminder, I am not saying these are the 50 BEST albums in the last decade, these are the ones I am most fond of
- Apparently my best years for music was 2000 and 2002 as nine albums from each year made the list.
- Nothing released this year made the list and only two albums from 2008
- Only Jay-Z and Radiohead have more than one album on the list (unless you count Jenny Lewis twice for her solo and Rilo Kiley)
Goes without saying she was great. Such a beautiful voice. It was a fun show and Kristy and I had awesome seats (third row).
My favorite songs she did were “So Sorry”, “I Feel It All”, “Lover’s Spit” (with Kevin Drew from Broken Social Scene on keys), “Sea Lion Woman” and “Let It Die”.