What I Liked:
- For those keeping score, there has only been one bad Desmond episode (“Catch 22″). When there’s an episode that focuses on Desmond, you’re guaranteed two things: 1) One of the sci-fi aspects of the season come into focus and 2) Henry Ian Cusick will give a great performance. Check and check. Did you see the way his upper lip quivered when Widmore told him he was back on the island.
- After Desmond, my second favorite non-815er is Daniel Faraday (now Daniel Widmore) so I was glad to see him being his twitchy self
- I’m not even going to try to figure out what the flash sideways are (and I don’t think we’re supposed to really know) but we know what they aren’t: an epilogue and, more importantly, reality
- When Desmond got the flash of Charlie’s “Not Penny’s Boat,” I practically cheered out “Finally!”
- I loved all the little callbacks: the MacCutcheon scotch, Penny running the tour de stade this time, the pier where Desmond got shot, Eloise saying “What happened, happened”, the return of George Minkowski
What I Didn’t Like:
- I wish we could have gotten to the reveal that the flash sideways weren’t reality a little sooner but it’s a nitpick