I plan to do a post before the Oscars about who I think should win but here were my reviews for the ten nominees for Best Picture.
I actually saw this movie like two weeks ago but it took me this long to actually write about it.
I definitely feel that the first two Toy Story movies were funnier but I feel like Toy Story 3 was the best film. It was pretty much a dramedy.
There were so many great moments and character moments that I could probably write a paper on them but I don’t want to spoil anything. I loved everything about this movie.
Oh, and the last 15 minutes. My eyes start getting misty just thinking about it (note the new “Seans” above). Actually, if you know someone who has seen the movie and you want to kill their mood, just say, “Dude, the last 15 minutes of Toy Story 3” and watch their shoulders slump. I really don’t want to get into details but if you saw it, let’s talk in the comments because I don’t want to write about it anymore.
Best movie of the year so far.
While the list I’ve put together seems long, I’m not really that excited for most of the movies coming out this summer. Most of this list I would file under “Curious But If I Miss It, I Think I Will Survive”. The movies I really want to see are in bold.
Get Him to the Greek
Dinner for Schmucks
The Other Guys
Looks like I’m going to have a lot of free time this summer. Maybe I should finally teach myself Spanish or to play the guitar
- More news about the upcoming “Daria- The Complete Series” DVD collection
- Beck and Feist are going to be on Jamie Lidell’s next album
- Daniel Dae Kim loves staying in Hawaii
- Neil Gaiman has written an episode of Doctor Who. Guess I’m watching an episode of Doctor Who.
- I want this canvas clock
- A great piece about the campaign that leads up to the Oscar nominations
- A YouTube video on the cliché Mirror Scare scenes in movies
- I want this camera but by the time I can afford it, a better camera will come out
- While going through their worst season since season five, it looks like the 24 movie is a go.
- Any time I think my tattoos are too geeky, something like this makes me feel better
- A Q&A with one of my favorite TV couples, Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman
- The AV Club interviews Stephin Merritt (The Magnetic Fields) on “the perverse art of love songs”
- February 23rd is IHOP National Pancake Day!
- Looks like Christopher Nolan will be overseeing the Superman reboot
- “Up2 You + Me” featuring Jim Parsons
- No, I don’t!
- Another great Muppets music video, Beaker’s Ballad
- Want to pull off a movie marathon with one ticket? This site can help (when it’s working).
- Even this article is about “10 Ways to a Geeky Girl’s Heart,” I think it applies to impressing any girl
- These minimalist TV posters are cool!
- Who wants to take me to Bonnaroo?
- Next season is going to be the last season of Friday Night Lights.
- A great piece in Vanity Fair on John Hughes (with some bonus quotes)
- John Mayer apologizes for his racist dick.
- The call for Betty White to host Saturday Night Live gets louder
- GQ’s The Verge endorses one of my favorite new shows, Archer
- New trailer for Toy Story 3. Looks great!
- A trailer for the Forgetting Sarah Marshall spin-off, Get Him To The Greek, starring Russell Brand and Jonah Hill