Comments on Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith:
- Episode III was far and away the best of the prequels. But after watching it, you left feeling that Episodes I and II could have been left off. It’s as if Lucas trapped himself by saying that A New Hope was Episode IV. Episode I & II’s important parts could have been reduced to a best of highlights clip.
- I found the story of Obi-Wan more compelling than the story of Anakin. To see him start out as a padawan and become a kick-ass Jedi, whipping General Grievious and “the chosen one” was great.
- The dialogue was awful but not as bad as the first two. The bigger problem was the lack of chemistry between Anakin and Padme. We’re to believe that this was the great love that destroyed the Republic.
- And how dumb were the Republic? I guess about as dumb as our Senate and House of Representatives..MESSAGE!*
- Ewan McGregor was the only one who looked like he was having fun.
- The dialogue/script sounded as if the characters were reading from the novelization of the movie.
- The best part about seeing the movie was…the second time around I saw it, this with my brother, and down the row from us was a father with his two children, one of them being around 7-8. I whispered to my brother, “I can’t wait to see that kid’s face when we get to the end.” Surer than shit, that little kid spent the last 20-30 minutes of the movie sitting on his father’s lap, his face frozen with his mouth agape. The father sitting with his head resting on this palm like “I am not looking forward to this car ride home.”
* Keenan Ivory Wayans from Don’t Be a Menace…