Don’t drink and drive, kids
What I Liked:
- Aw, damn, Mr. Eko
- Locke’s new “Anyone who wants to come into the forest and die, can come” regime
- Again, I love Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet)
- Ben’s mea culpa to Jack about their plan to break Jack to make him want to operate on Ben’s tumor
- Juliet’s re-enactment of INXS’ “Mediate” music video (“Ignore everything I’m saying. Ben is a liar and he is very dangerous. Some of us want a change, but it has to look like an accident. It has to look like we tried to save him, and that’s up to you, Jack. It’s a complicated surgery. No one would ever know and I would protect you. Now tell me to turn off the movie.”)
- Smokey’s back!
What I didn’t like:
- What was the point of having the tail end survivors?
- I hate that if we know in advance that a character is going to die and a character has their flashback, it’s pretty much a given that character is proper fucked.
- I still don’t like how the new castaways are being introduced.
- I’ll never get tired of thinking this but how much better and shocking would the deaths be with ABC didn’t advertise them?
- This was my least favorite episode this season (not that it was a bad episode). Even though a lot happened, I felt like nothing happened.
What We Learned:
- The tumor Jack saw last episode was Ben’s
- Mr. Eko is…er…was building a church to replace the one he desecrated
- The reason Ben brought Jack to the Others was to operate on his tumor
- Mr. Eko was mighty handy with a machete
- How the the pilot died in the first episode of Lost
- There’s another hatch on the island we haven’t seen
- There are Others who aren’t down with however Ben operates
- Juliet wants Jack to help her kill Ben
- If you are a cast member and you get arrested, call your agent.
- Did Desmond know that Eko was going to die?
- Where was Sun and Jin?
- Who’s telling the truth – Ben or Juliet?
- Did the smoke monster take the form of Yemi? Is it the source of all unexplained hallucinations (Jack’s dad, Hurley’s imaginary friend)?
- What is the smoke monster’s criteria for killing?
- Was the smoke monster going to kill Locke when it grabbed him at the season finale of season one?
- Who is the one-eyed man?
- Where is the hatch they saw on the video screen?
- Where does the water from that toliet go?
- Why do they need Kate and Sawyer?
- Why did Locke see a bright light and Mr. Eko a black column of smoke? Is the island racist? OR are there two monsters?
- When Mr. Eko told Locke “You’re next”, did he mean the group or Locke?