“TGI Wednesday, am I right? Gonna go home, get my beer on, get my Lost on.”
– Andy from The Office
What I Liked:
- Elizabeth Mitchell is officially the best actress on the show right now.
- The casting: Calamity Jane from Deadwood! Mac from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia! The creepy short guy in everything who you never feel any sympathy for (OZ, 24, Homicide, etc.)
- The look on Jack’s face when he found out there were TWO islands
- New characters means new nicknames for Sawyer
- “I can’t believe you fell for the old Wookie prisoner gag.” There better be a Lost flashback with Sawyer as a teenaged Star Wars geek.
- How creepy was Ben waking up?
- Bye Danny.
What I didn’t like:
- I think this should have been the last episode before the break. Even though episode six had more of a dramatic ending, this one would have quieted some of the clamoring with Sawyer and Kate heading back to the island
- Juliet’s hair. I think the only good thing about her being stuck on that island is she’s been kept away from whatever hair products she was using.
- Jack finally asked a smart question – why didn’t they take Ben to a surgeon off the island – and right before Tom’s about to answer, of course, the surgery goes awry.
What We Learned:
- Unlike Ben, Juliet was not born on the island. She’s from Miami.
- Juliet Burke – medical researcher who impregnated her sister with experimental drugs.
- Juliet was married to her boss who has a penchant for sleeping with medical researchers
- The Others and Sawyer shoot like Stormtroopers.
- Juliet used to be meek.
- Mittelos Bioscience recruited her. One of her recruiters was the guy with the awful accent on Suddenly Susan. The other was Ethan Rom!
- Alex is considered Ben’s daughter.
- The Others have a programming room a la Clockwork Orange. (Some of the messages were “Plant a good seed and you will joyfully gather fruit,” “Everything changes,” “We are the causes of our own suffering,” “God loves you as he loved Jacob,” and “Think about your life.”
- Juliet’s ex-husband was hit by a bus right in front of her a la Final Destination.
- Juliet has been on the island 3 years, 2 months and 28 days.
- Kate is more of a badass than Sawyer
- Does Alex know about Danielle or has she always believed that Ben was her father?
- Who else is locked up in that programming facility that they rescued Karl from?
- What about the island is making everyone infertile if that is indeed the reason they brought Juliet to the island?
- What was Ethan doing outside of Juliet’s sister’s apartment at the beginning of the episode?
- Who is privately funding Mittelos Bioscience (which is an anagram for “Lost Time”)?
- Who the hell is Jacob?
- Why did they want Kate and Sawyer?
- To re-ask Jack’s question, if they can get on and off the island, why didn’t they bring to a surgeon off the island?
- Was it just a coincidence that Juliet’s husband was hit by a bus? (Ok, that one is pretty clear)
- What was Juliet’s plan if Jack had gone along with her plan and killed Ben?
- What is Ben’s issue with Karl, Alex’s boyfriend?
- Is Tom gay?
- Was Juliet’s sister the woman Jack’s father killed on the operating table when he was drunk? (Personal theory of mine)
- Does ABC really need another Dr. Burke and Dr. Shepard?