He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us.
What I Liked:
- Only Ben can be creepy lying on his side immobilized
- All interactions between Jack and Juliet
- Sawyer’s man-to-boy talk with Karl
What I didn’t like:
- ABC’s ads for this episode wrote a check the episode couldn’t cash
- Jack’s backstory hit the trifecta – it was boring, confusing and seemingly pointless. I think we should be done with Jack backstories for the time being.
- I don’t care how hot Bai Ling (Achera) is. Her acting is awful.
- The music montage at the end. Save that trite for Grey’s Anatomy
- This was the worst episode of season three.
What We Learned:
- The Others have a sheriff named Isabel
- The Others have an “eye for an eye” system for killing one of their own
- The kidnapped Tallies, including Cindy and the two kids, seem to be doing fine but they don’t seem to know about Ana Lucia’s fate.
- The Others have a big boat.
- Jack’s tattoo translates to “He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us.”
- Sawyer thinks he got a mercy lay from Kate.
- Karl has never heard of The Brady Bunch
- Was Juliet really on trial or was this yet another test for Jack?
- What does the “better life” Karl gives as the reason for kidnapping children entail?
- With the exception of Claire, how come only the Tallies were kidnapped?
- What does the branding on Juliet’s back mean?
- Why did Achera’s brother and friends beat the snot out of Jack?
- Do Cindy and the kidnapped tallies live on this smaller island or are they in Othersville on the big island?
- Was Karl born on the island?
- Do the producers cringe when they see ABC ads for Lost promising that THREE BIG SECRETS WILL EB REVEALED?