Wow, what an episode
What I Liked:
- And the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama goes to Elizabeth Mitchell. If she’s not nominated, I will be offended. And so should you.
- Now pretty much everyone is back on the beach sans Locke.
- Answers! Tons of answers*.
- I think I’m finally okay with Sawyer and Kate being together
- Jin has become quite snarky
- Lots of Other-y goodness: Ben, Richard Alpert, Ethan, Goodwin, Mikhail
- Juliet putting Sayid and Sawyer in their place
What I Didn’t Like
- Okay, this isn’t really the writers’ fault and is actually a testament to their work but damnit, I really wanted Juliet to be good now and I wanted Jack to be right.
What We Learned:
- Juliet really likes the song, “Downtown”
- Juliet was dropped off at a private airport (Herarat Aviation) to begin her work for Mittelos Bioscience. She thought she was only going to be working for six months
- She gets tranquilized and taken to the island via submarine where she meets Ben.
- She is supposed to trying to get the Others women pregnant but they keep dying.
- Pregnancy is fatal to women on the island
- Juliet wanted to go home after it appeared her experiments were not working but Ben told her that her sister Rachel had a relapse and her cancer returned*. If Juliet stayed, Jacob would cure Rachel
- In season one, when Claire was having those crazy dreams, it was Ethan taking blood samples because they were testing the theory if it was then island killing the women*
- Ethan and Juliet were trying to save Claire’s life*
- When Hurley discovered Ethan was an Other, he went rogue and kidnapped Claire on his own*
- Juliet was in a relationship with Goodwin, the Other that Ana Lucia killed
- “Carrie” was the book they were discussing in the book club
- After the plane crashed, Mikhail pulled files on everyone on the plane
- Richard videotaped Rachel with her son, Julian, and Ben showed Juliet that they were okay
- The Others implanted something in Claire to make her sick so Juliet can appear to be a hero.
- Juliet is still secretly working with the Others. The whole gas/handcuff thing was a plan by Ben. They are going to reconnect in one week
- Getting Juliet away from whatever perm product she was using in Miami was the best thing that ever happened to her
- Who is Jacob?
- Is Jacob on the island?
- Did Rachel’s cancer really return?
- Was everything Juliet said about Ethan and Claire true?
- Why did the Others kidnap all the children?
- Why did Ben get cancer?
- Is Juliet going to turn on The Others?
- Is Sun going to die?
- Is the fact that all the pregnant women die the reason Ben doesn’t want Alex with Karl in case she gets knocked up?
- Is Desmond going to see a flash of The Others’ plan?
- Has Kate finally made her decision to be with Sawyer?
- Is Jack ever going to stop trying to protect women who don’t need his protection?
- How does Jack get pussy whipped by women he’s never slept with?
- Or is this another Jack plan he’s keeping to himself?
- What is going to happen in one week?
* Could be a lie