For the record, The Flash can outrun Superman.
What I Liked:
- I always like Desmond episodes even though his story is just depressing
- Kate…changing… Sorry, I’m a man. Sometimes I can’t help it
- Charlie and Hurley arguing about Superman and Flash
- Sawyer asking for some “Afternoon Delight” and even offering to make a mixtape
- Sexy Marsha Thomason landing on the island (even though she’ll probably be dead by season’s end)
What I Didn’t Like:
- The backstory was kind of pointless except for Desmond meeting Penny and one interesting easter egg.
- Charlie lives another day
- Now even I’m getting tired of this love square between Sawyer, Jack, Kate and Juliet.
What We Learned:
- One week before he was supposed to get married to a woman named Ruth who he had been seeing for six years, Desmond got drunk and passed out, he was woken up by a Brother Campbell, took this as a sign and joined a monastery.
- He even took a vow of silence
- He was kicked out a) because Brother Campbell did not think being a monk was really Desmond’s calling and b) Desmond got drunk on some very expensive monk wine
- On his way out of the monastery, he helped carry some cases of wine to a young ladies car and that’s how he met Penny
- If Desmond had let Charlie die from the arrow, would it have been Penny who parachuted from the helicopter and not Marsha Thompson?
- What is the effect of Desmond saving Charlie?
- Does the fact that she was carrying a Portuguese copy of Catch-22 and she knew who Desmond was mean that our new island guest is associated with the Portuguese men who Penny hired to help find Desmond?
- What made the helicopter crash?
- Why does everyone on this show read deep books? Doesn’t anybody just read trashy novels?
- How is there more than one copy of the photo of Desmond and Penny?
- Why is that creepy old lady from Desmond’s last flashback in Flashes Before Time in a photo with the monk?