What I Liked:
- When Lost ends in 2010, Terry O’Quinn and Michael Emerson should try and find a project together.
- We finally learned what became of the Dharma Initiative
- While it lasted, I loved seeing tough guy Locke. I felt like he was representing frustrated Lost fans (not me) when he was beating up Mikhail and pushing Ben into a corner to stop his incessant stalling
- The 815ers finally got together and talked. Look how easy that was.
What I Didn’t Like:
- I don’t think Locke is dead. But if for some crazy reason he is dead. I. DO. NOT. LIKE. THAT.
- Another season, another secret plan by Jack
- Another character, another shitty father. Thank God this show is off the air before Father’s Day.
What We Learned:
- Ben was not born on the island. He was born outside of Portland to Emily and Roger Linus in the woods after an ill-advised hike. Emily dies shortly after he is born.
- Roger and Ben (as pre-teen) are brought to the island by Horace Goodspeed, who pulled over along the side of the road to help Emily and Roger when Ben was born.
- Roger is given a job as a Work Man (or what we in the real world would call a Custodial Technician)
- Dharma Group is at war with the Hostiles, the island’s original inhabitants
- Ben has a little girlfriend growing up called Annie
- Roger blames Ben for his mother’s death and keeps forgetting Ben’s birthday.
- Kid Ben sees his mother (wearing the clothes a doll Annie made for him).
- When Kid Ben sneaks into the woods to look for her, he runs into Richard Alpert. He tells Richard that he wants to leave the Dharma group.
- Adult Ben kills his father in the van that Hurley found in “Trisha Tanaka Is Dead” and helps the Hostiles to kill the rest of the Dharma Group
- There is a volcano on the island.
- Naomi is NOT with the others
- Mikhail survived the pylons because they were not set to lethal
- Juliet told Jack about Ben’s plan, he just had decided to not share this information until he figured out what to do.
- Jacob lives in the woods in a shack.
- Jacob hates technology.
- Only Ben can see or communicate with Jacob (kind of like Management in HBO’s Carnivàle) until Jaocb says “help me” to Locke.
- What the fuck is Jacob?
- How come only Ben can hear or see him?
- WHat is with the ring of ash around Jacob’s shack?
- Did Annie die with the rest of the Dharma Initiative?
- Were there other Dharma members who defected to the Others?
- How is Richard the same age now he was when he met Ben as a kid?
- If Richard has been around for so long with the Others, how come Ben is in charge and not him?
- Is any of the Others supporting Ben at this point?
- How did the Others get to the island?
- Who goes hiking when they are seven months pregnant?
- Was the dynamite Danielle got from the Black Rock for Jack’s plan?
- Can the island heal a bullet wound? If so, can it hurry?