The Life Aquatic With Charlie Pace
What I Liked:
- The way they built tension for next week’s finale. All the pieces are in place
- The return of Rose and Bernard
- Juliet wins the best line of the night award, responding to Karl telling the 815ers that Juliet is a spy: “They know Carl, but thanks!” (it was all in delivery)
- Charlie and Desmond’s interaction throughout the episode was great.
- Charlie’s “Greatest Hits” flashback. I hope they continue to find interesting ways to do flashbacks from this point forward
- Charlie’s goodbye to Hurley was particularly sad
- They almost made me not want Charlie to die
What I Didn’t Like:
- Everything seemed a little rushed
- Charlie lived
What We Learned:
- There is an underwater station called The Looking Glass (more Alice in Wonderland) that is jamming all communications off of the island except for The Others
- There was a DriveSHAFT Greatest Hits album released when the world thought Charlie was dead (despite having only two albums but hey, even the Fu-Schnickens have a greatest hits album)
- Charlie saved Nadia (Sayid’s) from a mugger and she called him a hero
- Bernard can shoot
- The DS ring Charlie wears and bequeaths to Aaron doesn’t stand for DriveSHAFT but were his great-grandfather’s initials (Dexter Stratton) and was also the inspiration of the band’s name
- Naomi is from Manchester
- Charlie can swim (despite saying he couldn’t in season one)
- Did it not occur to anyone that such an important station might have guards?
- Are those guards Others? Dharma Initiative? Mermaids?
- Why did Ben mislead the Others into believing that the Looking Glass was empty and had been flooded?
- Why did Charlie lie in season one and say he couldn’t swim?
- Why isn’t Claire nervous anytime Charlie goes off with Desmond knowing that Desmond gets visions of Charlie dying?
- If Charlie dies, will Desmond still get flashes? If so, of what?
- Why did Ben move up the time table to kidnap the women? Was he trying to distract the Others from wondering what happened to Locke?
- I know Ben was lying this time out but does Jacob actually give Ben orders or is he some sort of boogeyman he uses to scare the Others straight?
- Who is Nadia’s travel agent? This chick is everywhere.
- Did Charlie ever get some from Claire?