What I Liked
- It’s a Desmond/Penny (it never is just Desmond) flashsomething! His episodes are always the best. It could be a cheesy love story with him and Penny but it never is.
What I Didn’t Like
- Fisher Stevens is dead already? What a waste.
- If Desmond and Penny don’t find each other, I’ll be extremely disappointed.
- I wish Sayid had suggested to Desmond, “Before the battery dies, give Penny our coordinates!”
What We Learned
- Desmond was in the Royal Scot Regimen
- Daniel was a professor at Oxford and was working on sending consciousness through times
- A journal from the Black Rock-the slave ship on the island-survived and sold by Tobard Hanso and Charles Widmore bought it
- Keamy, Omar, Ray are three of the Freighties
- The freighter is in last port in Fiji, in the Pacific Ocean
- The Satellite phones can only call each other
- When exposed to high levels of radiation/electromagnetic energy, going to and from the island causes one’s consciousness to shift through time
- George Minkowski in charge of communications on the freighter
- George Minkowski answered Penelope’s call when he wasn’t supposed to
- Someone destroyed all the communications equipment
- If your consciousness jumps one time too many, it will be too difficult to get your present and you might get a brain aneurysm
- Why didn’t they want Frank to bring Sayid and Desmond back to the freighters?
- How many people are on the freighter?
- Is Sayid going to regret trading his gun for that phone?
- Where’s Regina (the voice on the phone)?
- Who’s the captain?
- Why didn’t the freighties on the island want to talk to George Minkowski before?
- What time period is George going back to?
- If Penny moved, how did Desmond have her number on the army base? (if it’s 1996, she probably doesn’t have a cell phone)
- What are the odds that Daniel and Desmond would be in the United Kingdom at the same time?
- Was Daniel a habitual weed smoker in 1996?
- Was Daniel exposed to radiation because he didn’t protect his head during his experiments?
- If so, how did he get to teach at Oxford?
- Did Daniel reach the conclusion about the setting for his machine on his own in the future and sent Desmond back to tell him(which should cause a paradox) or was Desmond always the one who told him in 1996 and he just forgot?
- If the latter, how did Daniel forget meeting a guy who said he was from the future?
- Is Desmond going to die?
- What happens if Desmond dies in 1996?
- Who sabotaged all the equipment?
- Who opened the door?
- What are in the contents of the journal from The Black Rock?
- Why did Charles Widmore want the journal?
- If Mr. Widmore doesn’t “hate” Desmond, who does?
- Why didn’t they need an area code?
- Has Daniel been transferring his consciousness between multiple points in time?
- If so, does that explain his memory loss?
- If so, what point in time is he transferring from?
- If so,is that why he cried at the discovery of Oceanic 815 but didn’t know why?
- If so, did Daniel know about the island before anyone else because of Desmond?
- Where was Ms. Hawking? Does she only appear for temporal course correction*?
- If Minkowski and the other guy who died where affected by just rowing to the island, would Locke experience similar effects if he were to leave the island?
- What happens is Desmond tries to return to the island?
- What happens if Desmond flashes to a time before he met Penny?
- Since they aren’t really flashbacks or flashforwards, what should we call Desmond episodes?
* I’m a geek so sue me.