This year at New York Comic Con, I had a clear plan. Get all my shopping out of the way early so I could go to as many panels as possible.
Here were the highlights:
- The Battlestar Galactica panel was cool but I knew I was in trouble because I hadn’t watched Friday nights episode and had the ending ruined for me.
- I saw two clips from Wall-E. This movie is going to be so good.
- I saw one action sequence from The Incredible Hulk which, while I still don’t think it will be great, it will at least be entertaining
- They also showed a clip of Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) in The Incredible Hulk confirming that all the Marvel movies will take place in the same “universe”
- Warner Brothers was a late addition to the event but they brought the new The Dark Knight trailer that is going to debut in front of Iron Man. Awesome. Really awesome.
- Since I couldn’t see Neil Gaiman, my favorite writer, on Friday, seeing my second favorite writer, Grant Morisson, was just as good.
- At The Spirit panel, Eva Mendes was gorgeous and really funny.
- This is where I go every year to remind myself that I’m not as big a geek as I think I am.
The rest of my photos from Saturday are here.