What I Liked:
- It’s about damn time! I feel like we haven’t had a Sawyer-centric episode since he killed the real Sawyer in season three. Josh Holloway knocked it out of the park. It’s easy to see how Sawyer would thrive in a situation where he doesn’t have Jack and Locke mucking up the works with their leadership issues.
- Speaking of characters who have gotten the short shrift, it was great to see Juliet have more of a prominent role (it’s no secret how much I’ve loves Elizabeth Mitchell since season three).
- We finally get a DHARMA flashback and it seems we’ll be here for awhile.
- The four-toed statue had a WHOLE statue attached to it!
- Reiko Aylesworth. You’ll always be Michelle Dessler to me. Also featured were Patrick Fischler (Jimmy Barrett on “Mad Men”) and Kevin Rankin (Herc on “Friday Night Lights”)
- The snark war between Miles and Sawyer finally came to a head
- Jin speaking pretty much fluent English (Daniel Dae Kim must be thrilled)
- Despite the flashback nature, this was the most straightforward episode of “Lost” we’ve had in awhile
What I Didn’t Like:
- I’m starting to get confused about the DHARMA timeline. Off to Lostpedia I go.
Lines of the Night:
- “Sure, we’ll go to the beach. Or maybe when we get there, you’ll, you’ll want to go back to the Orchid again. And when that gets boring we can head back to the beach. It’s the only two plans you people have.” – Miles regarding Sawyer’s plan to go back to the beach
- “The record is spinning again…We’re just not on the song we wanna be on.” – Daniel regarding being stuck in the 70’s referencing his earlier skipping record analogy
- “…Your buddy out there with the eyeliner…” – Sawyer to Horace regarding Richard Alpert
- “You’re really going to leave me with the mad scientist and Mr. I-speak-to-dead-people? And Jin? Don’t get me wrong, a hell of a nice guy but not the greatest conversationalist.” – Sawyer to Juliet regarding her desire to leave the island
- What time period did Sawyer and Co. flashback to when the statue was fully erect?
- Why did Charlotte’s body disappear?
- What are the terms of the truce between the Others and the DHARMA initiative?
- Why did those two Others shoot Paul and try to kidnap Amy if there is a truce?
- What happened in the three years that led to Sawyer becoming head of security?
- Did Horace really not know what The Black Rock was?
- How did Richard Alpert get from his Banana Republic military shirts to his appearance when he confronted a young Ben Linus?
- How come Amy was able to carry her baby to term and deliver he baby on the island?
- What is Amy’s newborn son’s name?
- How did Miles end up with the name “Enos” while Juliet and Jin kept their names?
- What does Sawyer have Jin looking for?
- How come Richard was able to get past the sonic fence?
- WHERE THE FUCK ARE ROSE, BERNARD AND VINCENT?!?
- In the Ben flashback, Horace introduced Olivia as his wife. What happened to her?
- Is young Ben on the island at this point?
- Why did Jack and company end up in the 1977 with Sawyer and company?
- Why didn’t Sawyer tell Juliet why Jin called?
- Why does Juliet have the same taste in men that Kate does?
* I’m not doing the What We Learned/Recap section anymore. Odds are you saw the same episode I did.