What I Liked:
- I loved “LaFleur” Sawyer. He really is a completely different person with different motivations than Jack or Locke.
- Sawyer complete and utter assassination of Jack’s entire reign as leader of the Oceanic Airline 815 (see “Lines of the Night”). If he had added that Sawyer has slept with the three women Jack has shown even remote interest in since crashing on the island (Kate, Ana Lucia and Juliet), he might have killed himself.
- Hurley acting as the voice of the viewer
- Amy’s baby is Ethan!
- Young Ben is on the island and has met Sayid
- Frank Lapidus is awesome. It makes you wonder what would have happened if he was flying Oceanic Airlines 815
- Three great acting moments from Elizabeth Mitchell: when she finds out the baby she’s holding is Ethan; when Sawyer tells her that Jack, Kate and Hurley are back; that tense conversation between her and Kate with all types of subtext
- We finally meet Radzinsky and see the plans for the Swan where Radzinsky will eventually paint the ceiling with his brains.
What I Didn’t Like:
- For the first time, I feel like the characters aren’t working towards anything (except Sun). I’m sure that will change soon enough.
- As much as I enjoy it, I hope this season ends up being more than the season of Easter Eggs.
Lines of the Night:
- “It’s how I like to run things. I think. I’m sure that doesn’t mean that much to you, because back when you were calling the shots, you pretty much just reacted. See, you didn’t think, Jack, and as I recall, a lot of people ended up dead…I’m going to think. Because that’s how I saved your ass today.” – Sawyer to the new Dharma janitor, Jack
- “Dude. Your English is great.” – Hurley to Jin
- “Nama-what” – Hurley
- “And how’d that work out for everyone?” – Ben to Lapidus regarding the team of mercs sent by Widmore to kill him
- Why didn’t Sun flash into 1977 with Jack, Kate, Sayid and Hurley?
- Why was Sayid separated from the others?
- Who is Sarah? (the name Illana said when she was coming to)
- Where was Ben when the plane crashed?
- So at no point during this entire journey no one ever thought to ask “So what do we do once we get to the island”? (Sawyer was right about Jack)
- How does Ethan end up being an Other?
- Why didn’t Radzinsky ask why Sayid was already in handcuffs?
- Did Sawyer or Juliet make Jack a janitor on purpose? (as funny as it is, it’s kind of petty since he is a doctor and Juliet was already skittish)
- What kind of jobs did Hurley and Kate end up with?
- Where’s Faraday?
- Who taught Jin English?
- How is Sun going to get back to 1977?
- How long before Kate tries to reclaim Sawyer (because you know she is)?
- Has young Ben already been in contact with Richard Alpert?
- Does present Ben remember meeting Sayid?
- Are we going to get a rematch of Kate vs. Juliet: The Rumble in the Muddy Jungle? (Yes, please)
- How is Jack going to screw all this up (because you know he is)?