I decided that instead of harping on how it sucks to be single, I’m going to highlight to beautiful things about being single.* Now I’m not daft, I realize that most of these reasons are going to be variations of the same underlying theme, “no longer having to compromise”, but let me have my fun.
Now, don’t get me wrong. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good argument especially when I’m right which 90% of the time (the other 10% I chalk up to draws or”agree to disagree”). But there are some fights that I will never miss having.
They include but are not excluded to:
- The “Dirty Socks” argument – anything related to your cleanliness
- The “Why didn’t you call?” argument
- The “Why did you leave the toilet seat up?” argument
- The “Why aren’t you ready yet?” argument
- The “I don’t like your friend(s)” argument
- The “Why do you always _____?” argument – anything related to a behavior that your partner has decided to not just accept about you but seek to acknowledge and perhaps (foolishly) modify. The timing for this argument is always almost awful
- The “Your Mom/Dad/Nana/maid doesn’t like me” argument
- The “Nothing” argument – my favorite because you don’t even know what you did but you know you’re fucked
Yes, I concede that most of these arguments are just gateways into more serious conversations about your relationship with your partner and/or your own personal growth.
But who actually enjoys having them?