What I Liked:
- I really like Ken Leung (as Miles and as an actor in general) so it was about time he got a spotlight
- Since Miles had to be the emotional one this episode, pairing him up with Hurley in the minibus was genius (especially considering Sawyer had surrendered his pithy throne awhile ago)
- I still like new laidback/”I’m not in charge so (insert shoulder shrug)” Jack
- Hurley’s improved The Empire Strikes Back script and using Star Wars as a metaphor for Miles’ daddy issues
- Oh Naomi. Sexy Naomi with your lovely accent. How I missed you
- Hey! Ben told the truth about something! Widmore really was responsible for the fake Oceanic 815
- We all kinda suspected that Miles was Pierre Chang’s son so I’m glad they didn’t treat it as some big surprise
- The numbers are back
- Daniel’s back! Now we can get back to the science-fiction stuff I love so much
What I Didn’t Like:
- While I’m intrigued about Bram and the “What lies in the shadow of the statue” folks but do we really need another faction this close to the end?
- The whole taking Ben to the Others plan wasn’t very well thought out on Juliet’s end
- Kate’s an idiot…still
- Another Lostie with daddy issues? Doesn’t anybody hate their mother?
Lines of the Night:
- “You’re just jealous my powers better than yours. – Hurley to Miles about their abilities to communicate with the dead
- “Third day I was here, I got on line at the cafeteria and my mother got on line behind me. That was my first clue.” – Miles about how he found out he was born on the island
- “They’re building our hatch” “What hatch?” “The one that crashed our plane” – Hurley and Miles
- “You’re playing for the wrong team.” “What team are you on?” “The one that’s gonna win.” – Bram and Miles
- “Let’s face it, Ewoks sucked, dude.” – Hurley in summary of his comparing Miles’ situation with Luke Skywalker’s
- Where do Dharma magazine subscriptions get delivered? (Miles was reading an issue of The Sporting News in the camera room)
- Who else is in the Circle of Trust?
- Does Dr. Chang have the same power as Miles or is he responsible for it?
- Why did Dr. Chang send Miles and his mother away? Does Miles end up warning Chang about The Purge?
- What experiments are they doing with polar bears on the Hydra island?
- Do the numbers have any significance or were they just randomly selected?
- Did Sawyer really slap Phil unconscious?
- Was Hurley referring to the loss of hands in Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi telegraphing Dr. Chang losing his arm?(He had a prosthetic in the orientation film for The Swan a.k.a The Hatch)
- Who the hell are these “What lies in the shadow of the statue” folks and what’s their endgame?
- Where has Daniel been and how long has he been gone?
- Considering The Empire Strikes Back was the best of the Star Wars trilogy, how would Hurley have improved it?