As much as I was disappointed by X-Men: The Last Stand, I will give that movie this much credit, I wasn’t bored. During X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I was disappointed AND bored which is a double no-no. It wasn’t the worst movie in the world as many people had painted it but if it wasn’t for the performances of Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber, I wouldn’t have cared at all. Let’s go through the reasons I did not like this movie (minor spoilers):
- I hated all of the creative licenses they took with all the new characters they introduced (except Blob which I just didn’t care about). They essentially ruined one of my favorite characters, Wade Wilson/Deadpool, which was a big shame because Ryan Reynolds was perfect.
- Who told will.i.am he could act? Well, whoever it was, s/he is a liar and a bad friend.
- Taylor Kitsch (Gambit) couldn’t decide if he was supposed to be cajun or not
- The reason that Wolverine loses his memory…just…UGH
- They never explain how Sabertooth goes from short hair brunette Liev Schreiber to long hair blonde Taylor Mane
- Apparently Logan’s clothes have a healing factor too because he would get slashed by claws and swords and it just looked like he snagged his shirt a couple of times by rose thorns
- De-aging people via CGI NEVER looks good.
All in all, a bad start to the summer movie season. I feel bad for Hugh Jackman mostly because I know he loves and respects this character. Hopefully, he will get another stab at it.