With the passing of my birthday (let’s not dwell on this), I thought I would check in and see how I was doing with my 50 Things I Hope To Do or Start in 2009. Not so good. Not so bad.
Things I Can Officially Say I’ve Done:
- Travel: I went to California and recently came back from a road trip to Atlanta and New Orleans. I’m flying to Michigan for a wedding in August and plan to go to London in the Fall.
- Buy Glasses: See?
- Buy A New iPod: I got a 160 GB iPod Classic.
- Replace my dresser
- Go to the beach: See?
- Do One Of Cindy’s Photo Projects: I’m trying to do the whole summer. June is finished.
- Win In The Extreme Causal Division Of ZogSports Touch Football: We finally won our division this Spring! We didn’t win Extreme Casual overall but I’ll take it!
- Have More People Over: The visitor count five already topping last year’s four. Technically a win!
- Buy Some More Shoes: I just got a pair of black dress shoes.
Things That I Can Officially Say I Failed At:
- Spend Less Money On Comic Books: There were three weeks where I spent over $80 on a week’s worth of comic books
- Pay Off My Credit Card Debt: Not this year, especially with all those comics.
- Stop Watching TV Shows Out of Habit When They’re Bad: I’m not going to lie to myself. I’m still going to watch Heroes (although there might be a conflict with The Big Bang Theory which will absolve me) and Grey’s Anatomy (which got better until this shit)
- Be More Social When I Go Out:I’ve learned to accept that I am who I am.
- Either Do My Job Better Or Get A Better Job: Heh. No comment.
- Less Impulse Shopping: Amazon Gold Box really has a choke hold on my good sense. Since I wrote that list, I bought The Sopranos: The Complete Series and Six Feet Under: The Complete Series and they are both still in cellophane wrap.
- Write At Least Three Crappy Stories For My Writing Blog:This one is a compromise. I’m foregoing this one to focus what little creative energy I have to participate in National Novel Writing Month. I had some ideas for crappy short stories but I decided to pool them for one big crappy story like a squirrel storing bad nuts for the winter.
Everything else is a work in progress but looking at what’s left, when I review this list at the end of the year, I think I am going to be mighty disappointed.