While there were some pleasant surprises, as usual, I find myslef disappointed at this year’s nominations.
- Flight of the Conchords getting nominated for Best Comedy Series (even though season one was MUCH better)
- Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) getting nominated for Actor in a comedy series (although it seems weird to single one out over the other)
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) getting nominated forActor in a Comedy Series because Sheldon, hands down, is the funniest character on television right now
- Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?) getting nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy Series
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) getting nominated for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies) getting nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (and she better win this time)
- Kristin Wiig (Saturday Night Live) getting nominated for Supporting Actress in Comedy Series
- Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) getting nominated for Actress in a Drama Series because season two was really her breakout and at least one of the women from this show needed to be nominated
- John Slattery (Mad Men) getting nominated for Supporting Actor in a Drama because he can have three lines in an episode and two of them are probably the best lines of the episode.
- Justin Timberlake (Saturday Night Live) got nominated for Guest Actor in a Series. Just make him part of the cast already
- Michael Emerson (Lost) getting nominated for Supporting Actor in a Drama because he can make reading the phonebook sound compelling
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog got nominated for Short-format Live-Action Entertainmen. Awesome!
- Entourage for Best Comedy Series? Jeremy Piven wasn’t even nominated and he could be the only reason the last season was even remotely watchable. I need another Really? with Seth & Amy for this one.
- Family Guy for Best Comedy Series? This would have been cool a few seasons ago but now?
- The Shield had what I considered one of the top three final seasons of any show and it didn’t get any major nominations. I challenge anyone to watch the final season (out on DVD) and tell me that’s justice.
- Friday Night Lights continues getting snubbed. I’ve given up on it getting nominated for Best Drama but can Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler get some love
- Big Love got nominated for Best Drama Series but received no acting nominations? Say what now?
- While I’m glad Gabriel Byrne got nominated for In Treatment, I’m bummed Alison Pill didn’t get one.
- John Noble should have gotten a Supporting Actor in aDrama nomination for Fringe
- Danny McBride should have gotten nominated for East Bound & Down because he’s Kenny Fucking Powers!
- Battlestar Galactica got snubbed in it’s final season (except for one Directing nomination and some tech ones). While the final season wasn’t perfect but Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell were.
- Are Two and a Half Men and Boston Legal really that good?