So I decided to give myself a new project. I’m going to try to rank the top 10 shows I watched on a week by week basis. Since I usually don’t finish watching a given week’s shows until Sunday, this will probably run late. (I watch over 25 hours of TV a week).
Worst Show of Last Week: Cougar Town (Episode: “A Woman in Love (It’s Not Me)”) – The scary thought is that before I remembered I watched Cougar Town (which will probably always be the worst show I watch every week), I was going to say 30 Rock.
The Power Rankings: (may contain mild spoilers)
10. Bored to Death (Episode: “The Case Of The Beautiful Blackmailer”) – Why did it take the show this long to have Zach Galifianakis and Ted Danson get together?
9. Modern Family (Episode: “Run For Your Wife”) – Probably my least favorite episode so far but still good enough for the top 10 based on Cam and Mitchell at the doctor’s office.
8. The Office (Episode: “Koi Pond”) The Pam/Andy stuff brought the episode down except for the end. But I do like Pam’s irrational dislike of Erin. It’s getting borderline Michael/Tobyish
7. It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Episode: “The Gang Wrestles for the Troops”) – Cricket + Roddy Piper spoofing Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler + the Birds of War theme song = Gold
6. Curb Your Enthusiasm (Episode: “The Bare Midriff”) – Larry’s an asshole. Usually I can tell how an episode of Curb is going to end and just cringe waiting for it to happen. This one came out of nowhere.
5. The Venture Bros. (Episode: “Handsome Ransom”) – Kevin Conroy (the voice of Batman in all the Dini/Timm cartoons) was the voice of Captain Sunshine which is genius. I couldn’t even tell until the end.
4. Community (Episode: “Introduction to Statistics”) – Best episode since the 2nd one. i was starting to lose faith in this show. Also, I think
3. Friday Night Lights (Episode: “East Of Dillon”) – I’m glad to have Coach Taylor and Principal Taylor back in my life. You can’t help but feel back for Coach.
2. Sons of Anarchy (Episode: “Potlatch”) – The best drama on TV that’s not Mad Men. Poor Luann. I didn’t see that coming. I don’t see how Clay and Jax could survive this season.
1. Mad Men (Episode: “The Gypsy And The Hobo”): This was one of those game changer Mad Men episodes. Jon Hamm has his Emmy reel