Since Thanksgiving knocked out the nine (!) shows I watch on Thursdays, this week’s list will have shows that will probably never make it back.
Worst Show of Last Week: V (Episode: “It’s Only The Beginning”) – It’s sad that I’ve actually missed 90210. I hope they Scott Peters, the new showrunner, turns it around in March
The Power Rankings: (may contain mild spoilers)
10. Ugly Betty (Episode: “Level (7) With Me”) – I’m glad we are done with the Community of the Phoenix AND the Nico fake blackmailing storylines.
9. Californication (Episode: “Mr. Bad Example”) – Probably the most boring episode of the season but Hank Moody is always good for one or two good laughs
8. How I Met Your Mother (Episode: “Slapsgiving 2: Revenge Of The Slap”) – Not as good as the first Slapsgiving but how can I be mad at an episode that has Chris Elliot and Alyson Hannigan revisiting her days as Evil Willow
7. Glee (Episode: “Hairography”) – Can Terri just die already? I don’t even care if her secret ever gets out. I just want her entire being to be removed from the show as if she never existed
6. The Big Bang Theory (Episode: “The Vengeance Formulation”) – What was with all that makeup Katee Sackhoff had in Howard’s fantasy? What a waste.
5. The Venture Bros. (Episode: “Self-Medication”) – I really hope Sgt. Hatred is not long for this world. I want Brock back!
4. Dexter (Episode: “Hungry Man”) – Best episode of the season. The entire scene when Dexter showed Trinity his true face ranks up their with the series’ best scenes. Still, I thought the twist at the end was ridiculous.
3. Modern Family (Episode: “Fizbo”) – So many great moments I don’t even know where to begin. Best line: “I am brave. Roller coasters? I love ‘em. Scary movies? I’ve seen Ghostbusters like seven times. I regularly drive through neighborhoods that have only recently been gentrified. So yeah, I’m pretty much not afraid of anything.” Oh Phil…
2. Sons of Anarchy (Episode: “Culling”) – Not as great as the last two episodes but still pretty damn good. It was good to see SAMCRO acting smart for once.
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm (Episode: “Seinfeld” ) – The only thing that would have made this episode better was a cameo by Leon. I wonder how much of the actual Seinfeld reunion was written and filmed.