Worst of the Week: The Office (Episode: “Scott’s Tots”) – Now this was a perfectly good episode in the vein of many of the comically tragic episodes in the series’ run but this was just a painful viewing experience. I would rather watch someone get a fingernail pulled out, then see how this played out. It made me think about this blog piece I read.
The Power Rankings: (may contain mild spoilers)
10. Gossip Girl (Episode: “Treasure Of Serena Madre”) – This is the closest Gossip Girl has been to greatness that was season one.
9. Dollhouse (Episode: “The Public Eye”) – I did NOT see the twist with Senator Perrin coming. I should have known that his wife being a doll was too simple.
8. Jersey Shore (Episode: “The Tanned Triangle”) – The first reality series to ever make it on the Power Rankings. Snooki? The Situation? This show is tragically amazing.
7. Parks and Recreation (Episode: “The Fourth Floor”) – It’s nice that they finally gave Tom (Aziz Ansari) some actual feelings instead of being the prankster although I feel like the Andy accosting Ann and Mark should stop because it gets less and less funny every time we return to it
6. Fringe (Episode: “Snakehead”) – The last scene between Walter and Astrid got me a little misty-eyed.
5. Glee (Episode: “Mattress”) – Finally! My biggest complaint about Glee – Will not knowing Terri wasn’t pregnant – is finally over! The scene between Terri and Will upon his discovery was so intense and well-acted, the ridiculousness of the story was almost worth it…almost. After we take care of Finn thinking he’s the father of Quinn’s baby and the Emma/Ken engagement, I’ll have nothing left to complain about.
4. House (Episode: “Wilson”) – It’s kind of sad that the best episode of House post-asylum limited the appearances of House’s crew and kept House as a peripheral character in Wilson’s story.
3. Dollhouse (Episode: “The Left Hand”) – Two things made this episode awesome to me: 1) The nerdy respect and flirting between Bennett Halverson (Summer Glau) and Topher (Fran Kranz) and 2) the acting genius of Enver Gjokaj playing Victor-imprinted-as-Topher. He needs to be cast in something immediately now the Dollhouse is done. He is amazing.
2. Friday Night Lights (Episode: “The Son”) – Zach Gilford is going to be robbed of a well-deserved Emmy nomination for his performance in this episode. That may seem presumptuous on my part but if Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler haven’t gotten nominated by now, no way anyone on this show is. Regardless, it’s definitely one of the best single-episode performances I’ve seen this year.
1. Sons of Anarchy (Episode: “Na Triobloidi”) – Two questions: 1) I wish someone would just shoot Agent Stahl in the face and 2) can’t SAMCRO catch a break? Just one?