Bauer Kill Count: 3
I’m not going to get into the details about each episode like I’ve done in the past. As much as I love this show, it has become ridiculously predictable:
- Incompetent CTU boss? Check
- Interoffice romance at CTU? Check
- Nuclear WMD? Check (Seriously, there are less than 1,000 in the world and Jack has stopped the detonation of five)
- Member of CTU who is having a personal crisis at the worst possible moment? Check
- Everyone ignoring Chloe forcing her to go rogue until they find out she’s right? Check
All we need now is a mole at CTU. Guess who I’m suspecting?
But I don’t watch 24 for realism or because it’s supposed to be in real-time (C’mon, Jack made it from Queens to the city close to rush hour with the president in town in less than an hour). I watch it because it’s like going to a big budget movie every week where shit blows up and bad guys get killed. I watch it because Jack Bauer is one of the greatest television characters EVER created. Even if the show around him is silly and the situations repeat, Kiefer Sutherland makes it work giving Bauer the correct amount of pathos and intensity to a man who has killed 230 people in 8 season and one TV movie and may regret 20% of those kills.
Anyway, I wrote all this to say, I’ll just be doing bulletpoints this season of any awesomeness and the kill count.
Also to say, JACK BAUER KILLED A MAN WITH FIRE AX TO THE CHEST!!!
HOW AWESOME WAS THAT!?!?