What I Liked:
- Well, I’m not a fan of Kate-flashback/forward/sideways episodes so I’m glad we got it out of the way early
- Since I recently rewatched seasons one and two of Lost, I can fully appreciate the growth of Josh Holloway as an actor. The scene with Kate on the pier mourning Juliet should be his Emmy reel.
- Naveen Andrews playing Sayid but not really Sayid. He was clearly a little off and it showed.
- I’m glad we’re done with the Dogen speaks/Lennon translates dynamic. It was wearing thin fast.
- How creepy was Ethan showing up as Claire’s obstetrician?
- Since Sawyer is in mourning, Miles has picked up the slack in witty lines
- I’m glad Jin finally mentioned Sun. Jack got her on the plane and hasn’t thought about her for one second since.
- Jack finally did something smart in not giving Sayid the pill and forcing Dogen’s hand
- As a huge It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia fan, it was great to see Rob McElhenny back as Aldo
- The last shot of island Claire!
What I Didn’t Like:
- Well, it was a Kate episode. Her backstory has never been compelling and we had skipped her flash-sideway, I wouldn’t have complained in the end.
- I missed the NotLocke part of the story
- Something is going to need to happen in the Temple. This is getting to be too much like the last time they were prisoners of the Others. A lot of standing around, asking questions and not getting answered
Lines of the Night:
- “Of course he’s fine…He’s an Iraqi torturer who shoots kids. He definitely deserves another go around.” – Sawyer to Kate about Sayid’s resurrection
- “It’s the Others. They caught us…Again.” – Hurley to Sayid about their current predicament
- “As you can see, Hugo here has assumed the leadership position.” – Miles
- “You’re not a zombie, are you?” – Hurley to Sayid
- “Ever see a big pillar of black smoke, makes a tikka-tikka sound, gets real pissed off?” – Aldo to Late about what the Others are protecting the 815ers from
- “We’ll be in the food court if you need us.” – Miles
- “I’m sorry. I never should have followed you.”
“Which time?” – Kate and Sawyer
- “She was sitting right there, right where you are now, trying to leave this place and I convinced her to stay. I made her stay on this island because I didn’t want to be alone. You understand that, right? But I think some of us are meant to be alone.” – Sawyer to Kate about feeling responsible for Juliet’s death
- “There’s a darkness growing in him…and once it reaches his heart, Everything your friend once was will be gone.”
“How can you be sure of that?”
“Because it happened to your sister.” – Dogen and Jack about Sayid’s infection
LA X (That’s what I’m calling the alternate universe from now on)
- How long can you possibly get away with a stolen cab?
- Is Ethan just a normal obstetrician now?
- Why did the name “Aaron” come to Claire?
- Did Kate feel something when she saw Jack in the cab or heard the name “Aaron” for the first time?
- Why does Sawyer need to be in the Temple? Just for protection from Smokey?
- What indicated that Sayid failed the test?
- What was Aldo trying to prevent Justin from telling Kate and Jin?
- Is this the same infection that Rousseau’s men got?
- What has “claimed” Sayid?
- Where did Sawyer get an engagement ring on the island?
- Did Claire “die” when her house blew up in Otherville?
- What’s made Claire turn into Rousseau?
- Was it Claire who laid those Rousseau-like traps on the island?
- When was Dogen (and Lennon for that matter) brought to the island?
- When did the Others come across Claire?
- How do they know that Claire is Jack’s sister?