What I Liked:
- It’s great seeing Terry O’Quinn – easily the best actor on Lost – toggle between NotLocke on the island and a seemingly more accepting of his situation Looke in LA X.
- Unlike Kate’s flash sideway where, despite the details she was essentially the same person she had become on the island, Locke’s was a completely different story and infinitely more interesting. Considering he’s dead on the island, I guess it would have been piling it on if he didn’t find contentment in LA X
- I love the pairing between NotLocke and Sawyer because Holloway and O’Quinn haven’t shared many scenes together on the show (nothing really significant since ‘The Brig”).
- The numbers! (Just for a recap: 4 – Locke (John); 8 – Reyes (Hurley); 15 – Ford (Sawyer); 16 – Jarrah (Sayid); 23 – Shephard (Jack); 42 – Kwon (Sun and/or Jin)
- Ben’s eulogy and Lapidus’ reaction
- Speaking of Ben, another “oh shit!” LA X moment when Ben showed up as the European history teacher in Locke’s high school
- Other great connections, Hugo in the parking lot and Rose at the temp agency making the most of her one scene with Locke. It was only appropriate that she was the one who set Locke straight on accepting his limitation considering they were the ones healed on the island.
- It’s always great to have Katey Sagal on my TV screen now that Sons of Anarchy isn’t on
- Richard Alpert scurrying through the woods like a scared deer
What I Didn’t Like:
- If Sun and Jin miss each other on her way to the temple, I’m going to be really annoyed.
- I know Sawyer is distraught over Juliet but for a con man, he’s way too trusting of NotLocke
Lines of the Night:
- “You sure ain’t John Locke…cuz Locke was scared, even when he was pretending he wasn’t.” – Sawyer to NotLocke on how he knew he wasn’t Locke
- “You know the rules. You can’t kill him.”
“Don’t tell me what I can’t do!” – Mystery kid and NotLocke
- “John Locke was a … a believer. He was a man of faith. He was a much better man than I will ever be. And I’m very sorry I murdered him.” – Ben’s eulogy for Locke
- “This is the weirdest damn funeral I’ve ever been to.” – Lapidus in regard to Locke’s funeral
- “What I am is trapped. I’ve been trapped for so long I don’t remember what it is like to be free” – NotLocke to Sawyer
- “What was that all about?”
“Inside joke” – Sawyer and NotLocke about the white stone NotLocke took off the scale and through into the ocean
- “Jacob had a thing for numbers” – NotLocke regarding the numbers on the cave walls
- “What do you say, James? Are you ready to go home”
“Hell yes!” – NotLocke successfully recruiting Sawyer
- Why is Helen still with Locke?
- Helen said that Locke’s dad was coming to the wedding. Is this Cooper?
- If the dad she is referring to is Cooper, did he still steal his kidney and push him out of a window?
- Is that Desmond in the poster behind Locke in the temp agency? (link)
- If so, who is the woman because that sure isn’t Penny?
- Why does Locke’s alarm clock sound like the alarm in the Hatch?
- How did Ben leave the island?
- Is there a significance to who each person is being drawn to from the plane?
- Are Kate, Jack, Jin, Sawyer, Sun and Locke still under the influence of Jacob since they were all touched by Jacob before 2004?
- Why did Ilana collect Jacob’s ashes?
- How does Ilana know about Jin?
- Who was the mystery kid? Jacob?
- Why could Sawyer see the kid but Alpert couldn’t?
- Why can’t NotLocke kill Sawyer?
- What are the rules?
- Are these same rules that Widmore broke when Keamy killed Alex?
- Why is NotLocke trapped on the island?
- What need to happen to free NotLocke?
- Why is NotLocke stuck as Locke?
- What is the “inside joke” regarding the white and black stones on the scale?
- How do the numbers correspond to each person?
- Why isn’t Kate one of the main numbers since we saw Jacob touch Kate?
- Did Jacob physically contact the other people on the wall? Other names were (Claire and/or Aaron) Littleton , (Charlotte) Lewis, (Gary) Troup, Bargas, Aguila, O’Toole, Lacombe, Domingo, Grant, Goodspeed, Reynolds, Burke, Almeida, Costa, Faraday, Straume
- Why are Littleton and Straume crossed out if Claire, Aaron and Miles aren’t dead?
- Does “42 – Kwon” refer to Jin or Sun?
- Why can’t NotLocke leave the island on his own?
- Why can NotLocke leave if he’s with Sawyer?