What I Liked:
- How creepy was crazy Claire?
- I know a lot of people hate Jack but I’m not one of them. Mostly because I’ve always enjoyed Matthew Fox performance especially in the moments where Jack is most tortured and conflicted
- Jin’s growing terror at seeing how crazy Claire had become
- The reveal of Claire’s “friend” at the end of the episode
- Jack’s flashsideway was pretty good and it was nice to see Jack being a good dad considering his past.
- Even though this was a Jack-episode, Hurley had a great episode (as noted by his several Lines of the Night)
What I Didn’t Like:
- I’ve come to accept this season that instead of trying to make great episodes that tie into the narrative as a whole, this season is basically one long episode (excluding the flashsideways which I assume will tie in at some point). Because of that, it’s impossible to judge this season until it’s over and we can look back at everything. Even though it feels like nothing of significance happened aside from the lighthouse dial, when all is said and done, this episode could be pivotal. That said, on an episode-to-episode basis, it has been kinda frustrating.
- Of course Jack broke the mirrors in the lighthouse.
- I kinda wish Jin had stuck with his story that Kate had Aaron so Claire could put Kate out of her (and our) misery.
Lines of the Night:
- “Nothing. I’m just, you know, looking because I’m a big fan of Temples and, like, history and Indiana Jones stuff.” – Hurley explaining to Dogen what he was doing in the Temple
- “You ever try to get Jack to do something? It’s like impossible.” – Hurley to Jacob
- “You know, you and me trekking through the jungle, on our way to do something that we don’t quite understand. Good times.” – Hurley to Jack about their journey to the lighthouse
- “Wait a sec. What if we time traveled again to, like, dinosaur times and then we died and then we got buried here? What if these skeletons are us?” – Hurley to Jack about the Adam and Eve skeletons
- “I came back because I was broken, and I was stupid enough to think this place could fix me” – Jack about why he came back to the island
- “Doesn’t say anything on your arm about the door being jammed?” – Jack to Hurley
- “He’s kind of dead. He turns up whenever he wants like Obi-Wan Kenobi. – Hurley to Jack about Jacob
- “You’re still my friend, aren’t you, Jin?” – Crazy Claire to pissing in his pants Jin
- “Jack is here because he has to do something. He can’t be told what that is. He’s got to find it himself. Sometimes, you can just hop in the back of someone’s cab and tell them what they’re supposed to do. Other times, you have to let him look out at the ocean for a while.” – Jacob
- “I’m so glad to know you were lying, because if what you were saying was true, if Kate was raising Aaron, I’d have to kill her.” – Claire to Jin
- “That’s not John. This is my friend.” – Claire to Jin about NotLocke
- Is the scar Jack has from his appendectomy as a child or the one when Juliet gave him one in “Something Nice back Home” (Season 4)?
- Who is David’s mother? He’s too old to be from his marriage to Sarah in the original timeline
- If David’s mother is not Sarah, why did she and Jack get divorced?
- What did Christian leave Claire in his will?
- Is it important who you reconnect with in the flash sideway?
- Why does a spinal surgeon drive such a piece of shit truck?
- Why does Dogen wear a butterfly clip?
- Why haven’t the Others tried to kill Sayid? Because he’s a candidate?
- When did the Others find Claire and how did she escape (well, considering everyone but Miles and Sayid have made it outside the Temple, the second question is kinda dumb)?
- What the hell was that thing inside the crib?
- Since Claire is acting like Rousseau now, was Rousseau also infected?
- Who is the person named “Wallace” (That was the name at number 108)?
- Is “Wallace” really coming to the island or was the whole point of Jacob’s plan to get into Jack’s head and get them away from the Temple?
- Why is Kate’s name crossed out (She was number 51)?
- Ultimately, do the Numbers refer to everyone’s spot on the Lighthouse wheel?
- Who built the Lighthouse?
- What action must Jack perform that Jacob needs to prepare him for?
- If Claire doesn’t see NotLocke as John, who IS she seeing?