What I Liked:
- After a slow start (I still liked those episodes), the last three episodes have been pretty solid. It helps that they featured three of my favorite Losties.
- Sawyer the con man is back! I’m glad that the only side Sawyer is on is his own.
- LA X Sawyer…I mean…James Ford was different enough (Cop instead of con man) but complex enough (Still trying to kill the original Sawyer) to make his flashsideway compelling
- The return of Rebecca Mader and her lovely accent. She cleans up nicely.
- Another strong episode for Evangeline Lilly who has seen Kate’s sole reason for coming back to the island – saving Claire – going horribly awry
- I loved Miles as James’ partner in LA X
- Despite the fact that he just killed a bunch of people, Smokey is still being painted as not THAT much of a villain. It would be silly if he was an outright villain like Keamy in Season Four. So far, he’s left us questioning if Jacob is really the good guy here.
- Liam showing up to try and bail out Charlie after he got arrested in the pilot
- The empty look on Sayid’s face as Claire tried to kill Kate
- If there is a Lost spinoff, it should be Sawyer and Miles as cops in LA.
What I Didn’t Like:
- I was really hoping James’ date was with Juliet
Lines of the Night:
- “LaFleur” – LA X James Ford’s codeword to call in the cops
- “What is that?”
“It’s all I had.” – Kate and Claire about Claire’s freaky squirrel baby substitute Aaron
- “What happened back at the Temple? How’d you know to rescue everybody from that smoke thing?”
“I didn’t rescue them. I’m the smoke thing.” – Sawyer and notLocke
- “Because they’re convinced that they’re protecting the island from me, when in fact, all I want is to leave. So it’s either kill or be killed. And I don’t want to be killed.” – notLocke about why he killed the people in the Temple
- “Well, I guess I got to a point in my life where I was either going to become a criminal or a cop. So I chose cop.” – LA X James Ford to Charlotte about why he became a cop
- “Have you ever had an enemy? Someone that you needed to hate? It’s very powerful, isn’t it? Claire was devastated without Aaron. She needed something to keep her going, so I gave her something to hate. And then, when you told her the truth, all those feelings, all that anger that’d she’d been holding onto for so long had to go somewhere.”
“Very insightful coming from a dead man.”
“Well, nobody’s perfect.” – notLocke and Kate
- “Is your name even Zoe?”
“Is yours Sawyer?” – “Zoe” and Sawyer after Widmore’s men capture Sawyer
- “Because my mother was crazy. A long time ago, before I looked like this, I had a mother, just like anyone. She was a very disturbed woman, and as a result of that, I had some growing pains. Problems that I’m still trying to work my way through. Problems that could have been avoided had things been different.”
“Why are you telling me this?”
“Because, now Aaron has a crazy mother too.” – notLocke and Kate
- “I’m going to let them fight it out. And while they’ve got their hands full of each other, you and me are getting the hell off this island.”
“Even if we could get on that plane, we couldn’t fly it.”
“We ain’t taking the plane, Freckles. We’re taking the sub.” – Sawyer and Kate
- When did Miles and his father leave the island?
- Does Miles still have his gift?
- When did Charlotte leave the island?
- Was James telling the whole truth about what he did in Australia?
- Is there any bit of Sayid left in there?
- Who or what killed the remaining survivors of Aijira Flight 316?
- Is notLocke telling the truth about his plan to fly the plane off the island or was that just his excuse to get Sawyer to go to the Hydra Island?
- Who is notLocke’s mother (or is he just appropriating the real Locke’s story)?
- Where did notLocke “find” Claire?
- Is notLocke implying to Kate that they might have to kill Claire?
- What is in the locked compartment in Widmore’s submarine?
- Why do those pylons keep out Smokey?
- What is Widmore’s endgame?
- Is Claire genuinely sorry for trying to kill Kate or she just biding her time again?
- Does notLocke actually believe Sawyer?