What I Liked:
- A great showcase for Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin Kim (who have pretty much been dragged from one place to the other for the last season and a half), particularly, in showing Sun’s frustration with all these plans regarding destiny when all she wants is to leave the island and the emotions washing over Jin as he sees pictures of his daughter, Ji Yeon, for the first time.
- Kevin Durand’s extra-hammy Keamy. It was both bad and entertaining.
- The return of Andrew Divoff as Mikhail. I had to laugh when Jin shot him in the eye at the end
- The scene between notLocke and Claire about Kate’s usefulness
- Sayid swimming up to the dock looking like an extra in Apocalypse Now
- The return of Desmond!
What I Didn’t Like:
- It’s kinda ridiculous that Sun and Jin are STILL not together
- Aphasia? Really? Where are Seth and Amy when you need them?
- The flashsideway was okay. Nothing special.
What I Absolutely F*cking Hated:
- That stupid V countdown clock in the corner for the ENTIRE episode. What the f*ck is wrong with you, ABC?
Lines of the Night:
- “Want some cocoa?”
“Where’d you find cocoa?”
“I didn’t. Pretend.” – Sawyer and Kate
- “I don’t feel anything.”
“Anger, happiness, pain, I don’t feel it anymore.”
“Maybe that’s best, Sayid. It will help you get through what’s coming.” – Sayid and notLocke
- “Unless Alpert’s covered in bacon grease, I’m not sure Hurley can track anything.” – Miles about Hurley’s ability to bring back Alpert
- “I promised I would reunite you two. It took me a little longer than I thought it would, but he’s with my people, back at my camp across the island.” He holds his hand out. “I can take you to him right now.”
“I don’t believe you. You killed those people at the Temple.”
“Those people were confused. They were lied to. I didn’t want to hurt them. Any one of them could have chosen to come with me. And I’m giving you that choice, Sun, right now. I would never make you do anything against your will. I’m asking you. Please, come with me. Jin is waiting.” – notLocke and Sun
- “When we go home, Aaron’s not going to know me. I’m a stranger to my own son. He thinks Kate’s his mother. Is her name on the wall?”
“No, Claire, it isn’t. Not anymore. But I need Kate.”
“Because I’m three people shy of getting us off this island and Kate can help me get those people on that plane. But, once she does, then whatever happens, happens.” – Crazy Claire and notLocke
- “What’s up with the guns? You two going somewhere?”
“We’re taking a boat ride to the other island.”
“What do you need a boat for? Can’t you just turn into smoke and fly your ass over the water?”
“Do you think if I could do that I would still be on this island?”
“No, because that would be ridiculous.” – Sawyer and notLocke
- “Obviously you’re not John Locke. Everything else I know is a combination of myths, ghost stories, and jungle noises in the night.”
“I think you know more than that, judging by these pylons.” – Widmore and notLocke
- “A wise man once said that war was coming to this island. I think it just got here.” -notLocke to Widmore
- “She hits her head and forgets English? We’re supposed to buy that?”
“Says the man who communes with the dead.” – Miles and Lapidus
- (In Korean) “Yes, I understand you, you idiot, but if you think I’m going to help you destroy our only way off this island, you’re insane! I came here to find my husband, so I could bring him home, not so I could save the damn world! She [Ilana] says I’m important. If that’s true, you need me! So understand this, I’m not going anywhere!”
(In English) “I don’t think she wants to come.” – Sun and Hurley
- “I don’t think you realize how unhappy Mr. Paik was when he found out that you were doing his little girl. Well you know the 25 grand that you were supposed to deliver? That was my fee for popping you. And from what I hear, anyone who works for Paik knows the cardinal rule, hands off the bosses daughter. But you, you couldn’t resist her, could you? The heart wants what the heart wants.”
(In Korean) “Thank you.”
“I’m sorry. Some people just aren’t meant to be together.” – LA X Keamy and Jin
- “Well maybe you should put a mercenary in charge instead of a geophysicist.” – Zoe to Widmore
- “I have a daughter too. I know what it’s like to be kept apart. I understand the one thing you want is to be reunited with your wife and daughter, but it would be short-lived if that thing masquerading as John Locke ever got off this island. Your wife, your daughter, my daughter, everyone we know and love would simply cease to be. I came here to make sure that doesn’t happen.” – Widmore to Jin
- “Sun, come with us and I’ll help you find Jin. I’ll help you find him and I’ll get you both on the plane and as far away from this island as you can get. I promise.” – Jack to Sun
- “Where’s Sayid? You lose him too?”
“When you were over there, James, you mentioned that Widmore had someone guarding a room on the submarine. Something they didn’t want you to see.”
“I don’t like secrets.” – Sawyer and notLocke
No more LA X questions because really what’s the point?
- Who are the three people notLocke feels Kate will help him get?
- Why was Kate’s name taken off the cave?
- What happens if you actually take notLocke’s hand?
- Why do the pylons keep out Smokey?
- Why are Widmore’s team trying to identify pockets of electromagnetism on the island?
- How does Smokey plan to get off the island?
- Why does Smokey need the candidates to leave?
- If the same thing happened to Claire and Sayid, how come Sayid has turned into a non-feeling being and Claire can barely contain her emotions?
- What is the significance of bringing Desmond to the island?