Since this might be my last summer in NYC as a resident, I decided that I am going to spend my summer being a tourist.
Here’s my checklist (I added some more things after receiving a bunch of suggestions):
- Statue of Liberty – I went once when I was in grade school but I barely remember going
- Top of the Empire State Building – The last time I went was with my girlfriend at the time freshman. It’s be nice to go without the specter of Sleepless in Seattle
- American Museum of Natural History
- Central Park Zoo – The only time I’ve been to the Central Park Zoo is when I accidentally found it while looking for a bathroom
- Bronx Zoo – Last time I went to the Bronx Zoo was in college when I took the kid I was mentoring. He hated it and was more scared of being in the Bronx than of the animals
- MoMA – I would have loved to go to the Tim Burton Exhibit but the weekday hours are ridiculous and it’s impossible to get weekend tickets at this point (Update: Got tickets to the Burton exhibit. Thanks Tasha!).
- Coney Island – One last “OH MY GOD! WE’RE GONNA DIE” ride on the Cyclone.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – Particularly the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Roof Garden
- Circle Line 3-Hour Cruise
- The Cloisters
- Museum of Sex – Yeah. And?
- Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art – It’s ridiculous that I’ve never been.
- Walking Across the Brooklyn Bridge – I already have plans to do that with Pam and Alex over the summer
- Natural History Museum
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade
- NYC Transit Museum
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Museum of Television and Moving Images
Is there anything I missed?
I just hope being around the actual tourists doesn’t drive me absolutely insane.