What I Liked:
- The symmetry of Jack giving Kate stitches (Kate gave Jack stiches in the pilot episode)
- The defeated look on Sawyer’s face for most of the episode
- The return of Evil Ben. I don’t know if he’s really on notLocke’s side but he’s definitely not on Widmore’s side
- The look on notLocke’s face when Ben shot Widmore
- The return of Every-Man-For-Himself Miles.
- I feel a little better about “Across the Sea.” There was information in that episode that was necessary for Jacob to give the surviving 815ers the download without leaving us with more questions. I still question the timing of the episode…and Janney’s Latin.
- We all knew it was going to be Jack who accepted the role as the new Jacob so I’m glad we didn’t spend too much time on this
- The flash sideways was just getting certain people into the right place but I did enjoy the scene with Ben having dinner over at Danielle and Alex’s and Ben’s reaction to being told that he’s the closest thing Alex has to a father
What I Didn’t Like:
- This remains to be seen but if Richard died like that, I’m going to be pretty pissed.
Lines of the Night:
- “They had a little girl, you know. Her name is Ji Yeon. Jin hadn’t even met her yet. Locke did this to them. We have to kill him, Jack.”
“I know.” – Kate and Jack
- “I will not let you hurt Mr. Locke again.”
“I’m not here to hurt him. I’m here to help him let go.” – LAX Ban and Desmond
“I lived in these houses a long time, Miles, I think I can remember how to get there.”
“Well I lived in these houses thirty years before you did, otherwise known as last week, and I have no idea where we are.” – Ben and Miles
- “What’s that? The secreter room?”
“That’s where I was told I could summon the monster,” Ben says. “That’s before I realized that it was the one summoning me.” – Miles and Ben
- “The bomb on the sub, you said he couldn’t kill us.”
“I’ve been wrong before.”
“I killed them, didn’t I?”
“No. He killed them.” – Sawyer and Jack
- “These are both great plans. I’m going to go with surviving. If you need us, we’ll be running through the jungle.” – Miles
- “I’m going to talk to him. I know this man. All he wants is for me to join him. And if I can get him to leave with me, maybe that will give the rest of you a chance.” “Good luck with that” – Richard and Miles
- “If you don’t mind me asking, where’s her father?”
- “He died when Alex was two. That’s probably why she’s so attached to you.”
“All the interest you’ve taken in her, all the help you’ve given, you’re the closest thing to a father she has.” – LA X Ben and Danielle
- “He doesn’t get to save his daughter.”
“Ben, you never cease to amaze me. Fortunately he’d already told me what I needed to know, so no harm done.”
“Good. Did you say there were some other people to kill?” – Ben and notLocke after Ben shoots Widmore
- “I brought all of you here because I made a mistake. A mistake I made a very long time ago, and now, because of that, there’s a very good chance that every single one of you and everyone you’ve ever cared about is going to die.”
“You call him the monster. I’m responsible for what happened to him. I made him that way, and ever since then, he’s been trying to kill me. It was only a matter of time before he figured out how and when he did, someone would have to replace me. And that’s why I brought you all here.”
“Tell me something, Jacob. Why do I have be punished for your mistake? What made you think you could mess with my life? I was doing just fine until you dragged my ass to this damn rock.”
“No you weren’t. None of you were. I didn’t pluck any of you out of a happy existence. You were all flawed. I chose you because you were like me. You were all alone. You were all looking for something that you couldn’t find out there. I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you.” – Jacob and Sawyer
- “Why did you cross my name off of your wall?”
“Because you became a mother. But it’s just a line of chalk in a cave. The job is yours if you want it, Kate.” – Kate and Sawyer
“I’ll do it. This is why I’m here. This is what I’m supposed to do.”
“Is that a question Jack?”
“No.” – Jack and Jacob
- “I thought that guy had a God complex before…”
“I know.” – Sawyer and Kate
- “How long am I going to have to do this job?”
“As long as you can.” – Jack and Jacob
- “Can I ask you something?”
“If you can turn into smoke anytime you want, why do you bother walking?”
“I like the feel of my feet on the ground. It reminds me that I was human.” – Ben and notLocke
- “What did Widmore say to you?”
“He said Desmond was a fail-safe, Jacob’s last resort in case I found a way to kill all of Jacob’s beloved candidates. One final way to make sure that I never leave this place.”
“Then why are you happy that he’s still alive?”
“Because I’m going to find Desmond, and when I do, he’s going to help me do the one thing that I could never do myself. I’m going to destroy the island.” – Ben and notLocke
- Why did Jack wake up with the blood on his neck again?
- What the hell were Ben, Richard and Alpert doing in the two days that have passed since they split from Jack and company?
- Where is crazy Claire?
- Why are there younger manifestations of Jacob and MIB running around the island?
- Why did Jacob wait so long to manifest himself to the 815ers?
- Why is LA X Ana Lucia “not ready”?
- What is LA X Desmond expecting to happen at the concert?
- Is Richard dead?
- Who helped Desmond out of the well?
- How is notLocke going to destroy the island with Desmond?