- I’m not a fan of Captain America’s (Chris Evans) new suit. Thor’s (Chris Hemsworth) new suit isn’t much better.
- Apparently Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) only knows one move (the neck flip).
- I hope the movie makes Black Widow and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) seem useful
- Robert Downey, Jr. gets all the best lines. He seems like a great fit for a Joss Whedon movie.
- Best part of the trailer:
Captain America: “Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away, what are you?”
Iron Man: “Uh. Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.”
- Nine Inch Nails’ “We’re In This Together.” Interesting yet a little on the nose.
- It goes without saying, I can’t wait for this movie.
Easily the best movie I’ve seen set in the second Iraq War and the best action movie I’ve seen this summer. I feel like this was the first Iraq War movie that didn’t have a “message” or an indictment of the war but was just using the war as a setting.
Jeremy Renner was great (it’s a shame The Unusuals got canceled). I’m not a big fan of Anthony Mackie but he didn’t bother me that much this time around.
Before the movie, I couldn’t help thinking that the trailer ruined some of the suspense of the movie (i.e. “Well, obviously he’s safe because this scene hasn’t come up yet) but that just wasn’t the case. There were a few scenes where the tension was ratcheted up to 10 (in particular the sniper battle)